For those of you who own Rohloff hub-equipped tandems or single bikes, Tandem Diversity can upgrade your bike from the bar-end or bar-top shifter to the Gebla Rohbox system that utilizes brifter levers for shifting. The system includes the Gebla Rohbox gear box, which replaces the Rohloff gear box, as well as modified SRAM brifters which replace the twist shifter and the brake levers.
Click here for the Gebla Rohbox website.
From my limited experience riding the system, I think there are pros and cons, relative to the Rohloff shifting set up that came on your bike.
1) Gebla uses brifters so you don't have to take your hands off the hoods to shift.
2) The Gebla results in a "clean" cockpit. The bar top is clear, making room for accessories and your hands.
3) Can use carbon bars, with flats and internal cable routing.
4) Can shift standing up.
1) Can only shift one gear at a time.
2) No gear indicator.
3) Long shift throw takes a little getting used to.
Other than these considerations, the system appears to behave just like the twist shifters.
The cost to install the Gebla system on your bike is $540. This includes $390 for the hardware and $150 for labor and small parts.
Gebla system install
Clean belts and apply silicone protectant/lubricant
Limited safety check
Check headset adjustment
Check brake adjustment
Check belt tension
Check for proper torque on stem and handlebar bolts
Check cables and housing
Make any necessary service recommendations
Here are more photos to show you what the Gebla system looks like installed:
If you have any questions about this system or would like to discuss scheduling installation, please send me an email: